Wednesday, 12 January 2011
THE STYLISH & VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARDS.........January 12th.
I have been given an award by a dear follower and someone I admire for her dedication, her style, her stories, her life. Want to read some nitty gritty encounters of the housewife type,just click the one and only Ibhade. Seriously Ibhade, wowowow, thats nice and thoughtful of you. I'm touched and very grateful.
According to the rules, i should say 7 things about myself;
1. I love to plan so much, its uncanny..infact its borderline OCD!
2. I love romantic depiction in words and sometimes in pictures. I think the lyrics to this song "All I'll Ever Ask" describes me to the 'T' but have never been in love with anyone.
3. I write... a lot but dont publish as much because I am still at a dilemma on what aspects of my life I can blog about, without hurting anyone.
4. Horror movies are my thing, but they have recently become a borefest, forcing me to the psychological drama genre as a substitute. I love investigative, whodunnit like movies..i.e criminal minds, house, csi..but 'The Pinky and the brain' That is the cream of the crop. :))
5. I tend to keep cards
6. I am better at recalling faces of people than recalling names, it only takes the one moment I set my eyes on them.
7. I am very opinionated and I get passionate about issues I care about. Now this streak was largely encouraged by my father, a very traditional man, stoic on gender roles
...so go figure!
Also, am expected to give the award to 15 other bloggers
1} Nutty Jay because she is awesome, intelligent, frank about issues, is versatile and stylish and one of the first to encourage me start a blog and to begin by transferring my notes from facebook to blogspot!
2} Mamuje because her topics are exotic, versatile, served with attitude.
3}Anne Dickens because after Ibhade, she is the next person whose topics are so different to mine and very interesting as well. Think am exaggerating? Just click on her name then..
4}Flourishing Florida because I enjoy her style
5} Wise Sage: Her thoughts are very interesting and her style is unique
6}Pamela: Her blogs were on afrocentric issues. Her very last blog was her journey with maintaining her natural hair. Well I nominate her because she has abandoned her blog and I want her back sharpish!
7}Seun: same reason as Pamela, only Seun dealt with politics and religion. He is a very cerebral writer and we need him back
8}iphyigbogurl same reason as Seun and Pamela!
9}ZOE KIDS: because I would be honored if you guys 'like' the cause on facebook. It is doing remarkable things for disadvantaged kids
10}Marilyn: A very cerebral, capable blogger!
11}Seshe her blog IS stylish
12}Henry though I have just started following him, his topics are awesome!
13}Myne because she is gifted,talented, creative and disciplined. (Has actually published in print!)
14}A Jaye for his exciting movie blogs!
15} Linda Ikeji: The cat fights alone na die!
16} Roundsquared Chumolette : Prolific writer and a lecturer to boot! Never a dull moment in this blog
17}Mustard Seed: Lecturer like Roundsquared, she is also a passionate activist, a lecturer, a humanitarian, a volunteer, practically a saint. Sadly like Seun, Pamela and Iphy she has strayed and we miss her and want her back!
18} Amanda Martin :Because her blogs are so vesatile, it touches on current events both on a local and international scale and because her blog is stylishly done.
19} Duchess : Because I admire her humour, her inner strength, and her relentless work. Check her blog out now now.
1}Thank the blogger that gave you the award.
2}Then list 7 things about yourself.
3}Give out the same awards to 15 other bloggers.
4}Then contact them.
Am off to contact them.
P.S: Please if you dont see your name and you are upset, I give you full permission to cuss me out! Because if na me, I will do the same oh. ehen :)
P.P.S: If you took p.s seriously, do be gentle. :P