Sunday, 27 March 2011
50 Ways to Bless Others + 15 motivational truths
Good day all :)) How are you? I hope very well!
Mamuje's thoughts as well as Nutty's thoughts have partly inspired this blog.
So here is the rule, for the 50 ways bit of the post, count and tell me your score, I know most of the suggestions are unfamiliar to our culture but lets just have fun with it) Will let you know mine at the bottom of the note.no cheating o! nutty J :P! ehen! xx
Ever think your life is unremarkable? It is not always the big things that create the largest impact in our lives, and the lives of others. Here are 50 ways to bless someone else. In the process of blessing others, you'll find that you are blessed as well. Choose one to do today and start on the path to a remarkable life!
50 Ways to Bless Others
Pay for the meal of the car behind you at the fast food drive through
Volunteer to read to children at your local library
Bring a family meal to a sick friend
Serve the family! (and if you can stay for clean up, that's a plus!)
Leave an extra large tip for a waiter or waitress
Mow your neighbor's yard
Or shovel it, depending on the season!
Bring some goodies to share at work
Send a thank you note to your child's teacher
Drive an elderly or handicapped person to the gorcery store.
Leave a bouquet of flowers on someone's doorstep
Pay for a soldier's mealPick up litter
Offer to help a parent load their groceries in their car while they load up their kids
Offer a genuine compliment to a stranger
Give up your seat for someone
Give up that great parking space!
Clean up the dishes in the breakroom at work
Give your pizza delivery guy a gas card with his tip
Host a kids movie night and give the parents some much needed time slone together
Send a thank you note to your local police office
Leave your magazines at a doctor's office once you've read them
Cut out a comic strip or article of interest for a friend
Visit your local animal shelter and offer to walk some of the dogs
Hold the door open or someone
Smile and thank a cashier
Pay for someone's toll
Donate your gently used professional clothes to an orgaization that helps people get back into the workforce
Listen to someone who is going through a tough time
Give an inspiring book to a friend in need
Share your umbrella with someone who doesn't have one
Leave enough change in the vending machine for the next person to get a snack
Maintain waterbowls and birdeed for migrating birds
Surprise your spouse with breakfast in bed
Write a note to a family member telling them why they are special
Have a food or clothing drive for a local shelter
Print an inspiring story and post it on your work bulletin board
Buy books for a day care center
Donate art supplies you no loner use to a classroom
Volunteer at a senior center
Fill your spouse's car with fuel
Donate your cut hair to Locks of Love
Cut coupons and leave them by the items at the store
Leave comments on a blog page you like
Drop off a toy or game at the hospital
Give your friends photos you have taken that include them
Invite someone who lives alone over for dinner
Put a quarter in an expired parking meter
Tell someone special in your life that you love them.
Give your significant other foot rub, with no strings attached
Scored 19, how about you?:))
15 things you probably never knew or thought about....
1. At least five people in this world love you so much they would die for you.
2. At least fifteen people in this world love you in some way.
3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you.
4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you.
5. Every night, someone thinks about you before they go to sleep.
6. You mean the world to someone.
7. If not for you, someone may not be living.
8. You are special and unique.
9. Someone that you don't even know exists loves you.
10. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.
11. When you think the world has turned its back on you, take a look: you most likely turned your back on the world.
12. When you think you have no chance of getting what you want, you probably won't get it, but if you believe in yourself, probably, sooner or later, you will get it.
13. Always remember the compliments you recieved. Forget the rude remarks.
14. Always tell soemone how you feel about them; you will feel much better when they know.
15. If you have a great friend, take time to let them know that they are great