Mena's Muzik


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Sunday 25 July 2010

Treating ASS and other acryonyms (read-latest slangs!)

For those who have been running their beaks calling this picture an ASS, well you may not have known that ASS is also called the African Wild Ass (Equus africanus). The species name for the African Wild Ass is sometimes given as asinus, but this usage is erroneous since the International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature has conserved the name Equus africanus in Opinion 2027. This was done to prevent the confusing situation of the phylogenetic ancestor being taxonomically included in its descendant.





Thus, if one species is recognized, its the correct scientific name is E. africanus asinus. Open ya ear and listen and learn o, the two subspecies recognized are the Nubian Wild Ass Equus africanus africanus (von Heuglin & Fitzinger, 1866),[2] and the Somali Wild Ass Equus africanus somaliensis.


As we are not very sure of Buffy's real name, nevermind, heritage we shall classify her in the general category :P

So now that you know, please, next time you want to type something, at least use the proper term, no dey dere dey dull! Anyways, Angelique Owolomo graciously published this on facebook which I have copied unto blogger.com for my eager students to learn street lingua.
Behold them:
1. LWKM - Laugh wan kill me
2. LWKMD - Laugh wan kill me die

3. MIDG - make i dey go
4. WGYL - we go yarn later
5. IGA - I gbadun am
6. ICS - I can't shout
7. DJM - Don't jealous me
8. WBDM - Who born d maga
9. UDC - U de craze
10. NUS - Na u sabi
11. WSU - who send u
12. OSABZ - over sabi
13. ITK - I too know
14. WDH - wetin dey happen
15. NDH - nutin dey happen
16. FMJ - free me jo
17. BBP - bad bele people
18. HUD - how u dey
19. WKP - waka pass
20. BBG - baby girl
21. KKL - Kokolette
22. MML - mamalette
23 GFF- Gbono fe le fe le (e.g., she GFF)
24. NTT - Na true talk
25. IKU - It koncain u?
26. NDM - no dull me
27. LGT - let's goo there
28. IFSA - I for slap am
29. IGDO - I go die o
30. YB - Yess boss
31. NLT - No long thing
32. 2GB - 2 gbaski (e.g., the song 2GB!)
33. CWJ - carry waka jorh
34. WBYO - wetin be your own
35. U2DW - U 2 dey worri
36. U2DV - U 2 dey vex
37. MKG - maka gini?
38. WSDP - who send dem papa
39. INS - I no send
40. INFS - I no fit shout
41. WWY - who wan yarn
42. NBST - no be small thing
43. NWO - na wah oooooo
44. NMA - no mind am
45. MIHW - make i hear word
46. NBL - no be lie
47. NB? - na beans?
48 wd - wetin dey
49. UNGKM - u no go kill me
50. o2s - omo 2 sexy
51. DDDD - dey dere dey dull.
So, no DDDD read, learn and use dem! MIDG, WGYL!

4 comments:

Nutty J. said...

hahaha...u no serious oh, I followed the link from Mena's post were u commented.

So is it ASS for backside, or ARSE like I call it.

gbangucci said...

this is a great acronym men! its 2gb or 2 gigabyte?

Anonymous said...

NO DULL YOURSELF : NDU

Chris Ogunlowo said...

hahaha, funny! @ Ass