Mena's Muzik


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Tuesday 1 January 2013

REAL LIVES REAL TALK: Is there such a thing as a HAPPILY MARRIED WOMAN...?.....Have a great 2013 one and all ;)




Is there such a thing as a HAPPILY MARRIED WOMAN? There has been so many stories of cheating, abusive, violent husbands. Husbands who clear out the joint accounts and disappear. Husbands who do not show love to their wives in any way. I will tell you something I noticed in many (NOT ALL OH) of my married friends, for the females one the moment they become wives they look all stressed out and unhappy and for the males they look very fresh, even fatter than before. It seems to be that the women in such situations are carrying all the responsibilities of keeping a married home, while the men remain semi bachelors only now they have a nurse, cook, maid, sex slave, gardener, driver, washerwoman who still works and (sometimes) surrender her earnings to him to do as he pleases. So I ask where are the happily married women? These women believe so, and if you are one, please share with us.....Have a great new year ;)


Ha: " I appreciate dat der are a lot of stories of husbands abusing $ battering their wives.
I want to point out (witout any intention to discredit the real life stories already posted ) that some women have been blessed with good men so let's celebrate our good men $ maybe post some things about them so that we also portray d beauty of our marraiges too
I'm beginning to fear oh!"

Happily Married Woman 1 (HMW1): I agree with you Ha, Marriage is something am really enjoyin rite now by d grace of God. We hv our ups nd downs, issues nd all, but his Luv for me is...... Can't even get d rite words! He shows me he luvs me in all his actions. When we hv quarells, he cannot sleep until we ve settled. When he has money, he always wants to spoil me silly,he still calls me a thousand nd one time a day. Kisses me nd public. If my husband has one million naira today, he wuld give me 800k nd say " baby u re d one running d house, u knw all wot we need,settle everything dat needs to be setted nd save d rest". Yes he does dat, but I can assure u dat I earned his complete trust in money issues, it wasn't jes born out of luv.! On my own part, I hv not jes being receiving nd enjoyin d luv he's bin showering on me, I equally receprocate in every way possible. I often buy my husband gifts,nd he's always soooo appreciative. Dis xmas I gave him 2 bottles of Mens designer perfumes, nd its not even d first time am gettin him perfumes, but he has told me thank u, more dan 10times, which is always followed wit a hot kiss......! Our luv making sessions re still very steamy, but not as often as b4( body dey taya na)lolllll! Well I think I hv said enuf na abi?

HMW2: My husband is not just my husband. He's my business partner, my friend, my lover. We work together running our business so we spend practically all the time together. We make all decisions together. We share household chores (no househelp bcoz we love to dey waka round house in our birthday suites, lol) We also alternate chores so it doesnt get monotonous. He is my number 1 cheerleader, always urging me to follow my dreams and passion. We have a pact to settle every disagreement before sleeping. He's always designing romantic ecards and mailing to me even when im right beside him. Every time he steps out even if just for a stroll, he buys me something no matter how small (biscuit, novel, chocolate, sweet, hair ruffle etc) Reads up on news and gists me to keep me up to date. He is the most caring and considerate man i know. I can get him to do practically anything coz he loves making me happy and i do not take that for granted. I trust him and he trusts me.
My mom loves him like her own son and always blesses him.
Many mornings i wake up to see him watching me and he goes 'you are so beautiful'.
Right now he's pacing with our son to get him to sleep so i can rest

HMW3: Ok na,my hubby is not perfect just as am not but we are a perfect match.He understands me so well and he trusts me with his life(d trust dey fear me sef).We share everything including toothbrush.He assists in d household chores including cooking(noodles).Our begining is a small one and we don't despise it.We've never solicited for 3rd party to resolve issues.Though not very expressive,I understand he loves and respects me a lot.I love my hubby cos he rocks.Don't even know who would put up with my small small wahala if not him.2yrs now,no regrets.I only trust God for things to get better,and better and better


HMW4: If u know me on a personal note u wld understand why am starting on this note,my hubby is a gentleman to d core,quiet,God fearing,dresses well and crazy abt the ground I walk upon. am noisy, always on the move, full of life and don't give care in d world abt fashion. Meeting this dark young, lanky, tall man has changed my life for good forever,been married for abt 10months now and I have never had a better yesterday,all I experience is love and spiritual growth. Before I married becoz of the kind of background I came from I told God I wanted a man that wld fear him and love me in a unusual way,coz if he fears God loving me wld be just be icing on the cake. we have had our own issues but d rule is settle before nite devotion takes place. He won't step out d door daily without a deep kiss and prayer over me,he calls everyoda minute when we are apart, washes my clothes,he cooks for me,baths me and hand's over his atm coz am more organised with the money. When I talk abt other pple's burdens,he takes it upon himself to pray for the person,he still sends me mails and buys crazy clothes/shoes for me. To crown it all I learnt from a little bird,that I wld soon be riding a new car(crowning my year with goodness). Sisters maybe its not much for u,I come from a divorced home but for me its restoration,my missing rib,my heartbeat,my life,my joy is Yamai(thatz his name) has given me heaven on earth!!!

HMW5: Ha, you are on the right path with such thoughts that there are still some very good men out there. I was a single mom for years till I met this cool young guy who took me and my daughter. He's never been married, never had a child, an ibo guy and the first child for that matter. Took me home after 3months of dating and told his parents that I was the one. We celebrated our one year wedding anniversary this December with a 3months old daughter to show. My life is sweeter and better, we are receiving great blessings that comes with marriage. I pray that my single sisters here find the man straight from God alone who gives us according to our needs. Amen

Ha: Thank you o! For me I'm praying for all my single sisters oh! I put up d post cos I was worried dat we would put fear in our sisters about to take d leap into dia own homes. Here is my own story. Hmnn I'm married to a very good man too..
Wen we got married he hadn't started much jobs yet(he's an architect)I was working wit a bank $ I had a house so we stayed @ my house $ now I'm not working $ he is, I'm reaping a bountiful harvest *smilingnaughtily*
He still kisses my forehead in public $ wyl I sleep. He wld kiss me everyday b4 stepping out of d house, wld say he was sorry once my mouth begins to elongate(lol) wen I'm upset my mouth elongates... He used to buy me fresh flowers $ choclates $ send dem to me @work(he made me d envy of my colleagues @work)
Anniversaries are a big deal wit him, every anniversary is an adventure. He bought me xmas clothes/shoes (I'm over 30). One day I did something wrong he yelled @me $ I cried, he apologised for over 2weeks+dashed me money to appease me(lol,I pushed my mouth till he gave me d money)...
D doctor asked me to loose weight (d 20kg I spoke about earlier) cos my periods are irregular cos we don't have any kids yet $ we re trying for dem,2my surprise he made a very juicy deal wit me if I lost weight $ also bought some machines in d house for me,den promised to hold my hand $ go on d journey wit me... We make love more times a week dan I can count on my fingers..
I can go on and on. Bottom line is I think marraige has its issues but its beautiful too, its has been a wonderful 2+yrs so far... I bless God.


Happily married wives that glance through this blog, please drop a line or two of encourgament.

Mena


p.s:
Here is wishing all my friends a Happy New Year of new, prosperous and fruitful beginnings and the continued reinforcement of the goodness that God has already bestowed on some of them the previous years. May you begin this year to reap from where you sow! May your joys know no limit! May the Lord’s Mighty Hands guide and protect you! May you remain indomitable marvels to those who detest your progress! May the air you breathe keep you fresh; may any liquid you drink water your wisdom and may the food you eat strengthen you and immunize you against all ingestible evil! May your friendship with me be the fountain of many blessings through which the Lord will magnify you before men! May your love of God remain a function of your love for your fellow man! May the Almighty keep us hale and hearty throughout the year and beyond! AMEN!

5 comments:

Okeoghene said...

Happy New year Mena

Nutty J. said...

I'm encouraged

Debbie D. said...

Interesting! I have a friend who is going through exactly what you described. She does all the work, he does whatever he pleases and couldn't care less about her. Needless to say, she is miserable and he's happy as a clam. :-( This one is headed for divorce court, after 38 years. What a shame. On the other hand, my husband and I will be celebrating our 40th anniversary this year and things are better than ever. :-) We certainly had our problems over the years, but, I couldn't ask for a better mate and, due to some health issues I have had, he does much more than his fair share. Yes; I am definitely a HMW.

Ginger said...

Aww, its good to know that HMWs exist aplenty. like you said, the news is filled with the ugly stories of the few Unhappily married wives.

Wishing all the HMWs even more happiness and for those who have not found their rainbow, patience :)
Happy New Year Mena!

Anonymous said...

I soooo look forward to marrying my darling Steed though m still young I know what true love is cos have been in an emotionally abusive relationship. I sure can't wait to be married. :)