Mena's Muzik


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Saturday 27 March 2010

I want her back every second...it hurts


Madam Elizabeth Ojakovo: D.O.D April 16th
by Mena Ukodisready on Sunday, April 20, 2008 at 12:06pm

She bathed us, loved us with all she had, looked after us. She always wanted the most simple of things and was very good at keeping gifts in prestine shape.She gave us a good deal of....a n y t h i n g.Nothing was too much for her to do. She brought us up and served a s a good source of our family history. yes she helped her only daughter,from the beginning till the end, i dont know how she(daughter) can survive this..

She was a calming influence, an assurance that every thing would be alright. She never complained,always having a laugh,joke,or story from the past. Even when she got upset,her voice was so gentle, it soothed you rather than grates you.

I remember when a sibling came home on holidays, she wanted to see if his nether regions..you see this sibling,as an infant, had accidentally slipped into a pot of hot water,his skin was badly burned, so she wanted to check if that area turned out alright...Yes, a very authentic source of family history.lol

I can remember when her husband died, i took a hanky and was cleaning her sweat,i dont KNOW why i remember that moment.. i could feel truly free with her. My heart bleeds

Towards the end,she became the child and i was the adult,taking care of her, gently assuring her about Gods Promises. After her first stroke, i remember always telling her in a gentle way that certain foods should be avoided..she never agreed with me.does it matter now?

Oh Gosh do i miss her..i miss her so much,it hurts me. I cant believe..i am gutted. For the first time, i look at the word "gutted" my guts do feel pulled out..

I cant believe that i will never see my grandma again..so many things i feel i should have done better, so many things i would still like to do with her. Couldnt she have waited a bit...?am i being selfish, unreasonable?questioning God? I dont know yet cause i am still in shock..Looking at the aged women i come across on the street, brings back memories.

I love you grandma, till we meet again..i REFUSE to say g o o d b y e,not yet,not now...

Rest in perfect peace in the bosom of the Lord. (did i just write that?)


Mamuje: Nice peice of work and Grandma would be proud* of ya.
April 20, 2008 at 1:00pm · Like


Mena aww: Thanks dear, you are so kind.lol
April 20, 2008 at 1:05pm · Like

Ms K: I am moved totally by some sections of your tribute to your grandma- you as a child wiping her sweat when she was bereaved, the turn of the tide (with you becoming the adult and gran becoming the child) and the raw feelings you must have at not accepting she is gone.

I have nothing to comfort you with, dear Mena.

But God will, sweet one.... Please be strong.
April 20, 2008 at 1:56pm · Like

Ms O: My deepest sympathies at this time m, it warms my heart that you had such an amazing relationship with her and such those wonderful memories too.

My sympathies to you and the family.

Take care
April 20, 2008 at 7:50pm · Like


Ms K and Ms O, thank you very much.. one can not question God, or else, questions dey..lol.holding on to memories is a bittersweet thing. Thank you for your understanding,babes
God Bless you both.
April 20, 2008 at 8:39pm · Like

Ms BAO: My darling .....what can i say?
You have moved me by this wonderful tribute to your grandma, she would be very proud of the warm, sensitive and well rounded woman you have become.

God will give you the strength to cope with this

Please accept my deepest sympathies
April 20, 2008 at 11:26pm · Like
i GO YARN: In fond memories, we are able to preserve the best moments with loved ones who have passed on. Mena, I pray God will give you and your family the grace to pull through this time. Be strong dear.
April 21, 2008 at 12:01am · Like
Pitchfork O: Deepest condolences, dearie. She's gone to a much deserved rest.
April 21, 2008 at 2:09am · Like

Iggy Button: Deepest commiserations on your beloved Gran.
Believe in the fact that she has joined the Saints Triumphant.
Now she can really watch over you from above. Amen
April 21, 2008 at 9:05am · Like


Mena: Ms BAO, I go yarn, Pitchfork and Iggy darl, what else can a lady ask for but loving friends?thank you, i appreciate this
God Bless every one of you
April 21, 2008 at 1:19pm · Like

Ms N: Awhps! do I know wat to say? I just feel ur pain cos I've been there (my close pal, my dad). Only God can take away ur pain, turn it over to him.
A lovely and touching tribute though, grandma must be very proud of you!
April 21, 2008 at 3:00pm · Like

Dr O: Accept our condolences from Olu and I (jennifer), she has surely gone on to a better place but it doesn't ease the pain. My grandad died at 94 you would have thought a child had died we cried lots
April 21, 2008 at 4:43pm · Like

Ms JC: It's so lovely to see the beautifiul realtionship you had. Please focus on the good times and the fact that she lived a long and fruitful life.

God Bless

J
April 21, 2008 at 5:42pm · Like

Mena: Thanks everyone so very sweet of you..and it really helps
@Miss N and Dr o&j I am sorry to hear this.May their souls continue to Rest in perfect peace..Amen!
Dr o&j: OBITO?Ok you can call this denial sha. But i nefa think am reach that side. Mama?Obito?how e take happen na?
God Bless all of you
Amen
April 21, 2008 at 7:53pm · Like

Papabomboi: Dorothy dear, she has gone to rest from this wicked world and is safe in God's arms. The memories are fondest but someday, you and Grandma will re-unite and have joy, peace and love everlasting.

May her sweet soul rest in peace perfect peace... Amen!

Take heart and be strong.
April 21, 2008 at 9:02pm · Like

Aww Papa Bomboi, thanks, i appreciate this. May God continue to protect you and yours
April 22, 2008 at 4:27pm ·

No comments: